Wednesday 18 March 2015

Maternity Wear

I've come to the conclusion that maternity wear is generally not fashionable. 

It's ill-fitting especially if you're either really short or really tall. Being quite tall I find it difficult to buy trousers at the best of times but being pregnant it's almost impossible. Very few places sell tall maternity trousers. Another spring favourite of mine are midi dresses but the maternity ones all come up too short so just above my now chubby knees, not a good look for the spring! 

I am not a fan of leggings at all and never really have been. Over the winter and in recent weeks I've been living in them for work with dresses as they're comfortable but then at the weekends I just want to wear something different and more appropriate for my age. 



It's hard to not feel like a frump especially when you start to show as I'm realising this past few weeks. I still want to wear skinny jeans and nice dresses but I realise I have an ever growing bump to wear. Just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I now have a desire to wear a tent! 
I also don't have the bank balance (or figure!) of Kate Middleton who just seems to carry off maternity clothing effortlessly! I begrudge spending a fortune on clothes that I'm only going to wear for another few months. 

Luckily my very dear friend Caroline has loaned me a lot of her maternity clothes which is really helping me at the moment and fortunately someone recommended the New Look Maternity Jeggings, these do come in longer legs and actually fit really nicely. I feel I may be living in these as they're great to dress up with wedges or dressing down with sandals or flip flips. 

I'd love to hear about your recommendations for maternity wear or any tips! 




No comments:

Post a Comment