Tuesday 19 November 2013

What a difference a year makes

A year ago today I went along for my routine smear test with the nurse. Thinking nothing of it at the time, it was about to be the day that set me off on a different course.
Thinking about it today with my stronger, wiser & much more focused hat on, I'm wondering what I'd say to 'me' a year ago. I'd have laughed if you'd told me in a year I would have a place in a marathon & be 4 weeks into training for it. 
I would absolutely tell myself to do what feels right. Something I have learnt over the past year is to have the emotion you feel like having when you feel like it, don't put on a brave face, especially around friends & family, and know that keeping positive & healthy is the best thing you can do. 

A year on and although I am still having to go to the hospital for check-ups & it is always in the back of my mind, I have new things to focus on & I've certainly never been stronger both mentally & physically.
It just goes to show you don't know what's around the corner. 

I recently came across this quote which fits just perfectly...




No comments:

Post a Comment