Saturday 27 July 2013

An inspiring day

Yesterday I was fortunate enough to go to the Anniversary Games at the Olympic Stadium. It really was an amazing experience. I hadn't got the opportunity to go to the Olympics so this was a perfect time to go along to the see some amazing athletes & experience the best atmosphere.



I was not disappointed, the stadium is just fantastic, a little like Wembley and so much bigger than I imagined. Whilst waiting outside we saw Lord Seb Coe walk past which pretty cool. 

Then we entered the stadium & although our seats were quite high up it was just fantastic, what an atmosphere even with only a few people in there & it just built & built as the day went on. 



I've always been a fan of athletics (hence my love of Iwan Thomas & Jamie Baulch) but having never experienced it in the flesh I never realised it could be quite as exciting as it is. 

Probably partly due to the post Olympics frenzy but I've never heard a crowd like it. 
We had a treat of a day too watching Jessica Ennis, Mo Farah & Usain Bolt. 


The whole day got me thinking about motivation & inspiration. 
Some of these athletes are complete inspirations to me, they train all the hours they can, they leave their families for weeks on end to make sure they are top of their sport. 
I would love to get into the minds of one of these top athletes just for a small time. It'd be fascinating to find out what it is that keeps them going, especially through the hard times, bad weather & long days. It's something I'm not relishing  over the coming months one bit. 
I know the task in hand & I know I can do it, I just need to keep the motivation up. 

If only I could channel Mo or Jess... 


All in all I had a great day with my family & the atmosphere was something I'll probably never experience again, well until the marathon that is. 
Oh & just to make the day even better, I saw one of my crushes from the athletics world... 


(yep if you zoom in & squint a little you'll see Iwan Thomas!) Happy days! 


No comments:

Post a Comment