Friday 6 February 2015

And now for something entirely different...

Having not written on this blog for a while, I'm now about to tell you why...after my challenge last year of running the London Marathon, I'm having a slightly different marathon this year. I'm pregnant!! 

Baby Smurch is due at the end of August and me and Simon are completely over the moon. We found out just before Christmas and shared the news with our immediate family on Christmas Day which was just the most wonderful experience. Naturally all of our family are delighted and very happy for us. 

Since Christmas Day it's been the longest month of symptoms (I'll speak more about that later!), trying to wear baggy clothes (yes I'm showing already!) and avoiding family and friends so we don't give the game away. 
Lucky for me it's been during January and nobody really wants to go out then anyway. 

But on Thursday we had our long awaited dating scan and after telling the rest of our family and friends can now share our news with the world! 

We had a bit of a scare at week 7 when I ended up in hospital as they suspected an ectopic pregnancy so we got a sneaky look at baby then. It was the most worrying time but after seeing babies little heart beat on the screen it was also a huge relief! 

I've decided to use my blog as a diary for our pregnancy and hope that it will also help other mums-to-be during what I have found is one of the most worrying times of your life! It's also very scary and you spend your life on Google searching if symptoms are actually expected and if you are 'normal'! I'm sure that there are plenty of answers out there but the world of pregnancy for a first time mum is a minefield! 

So as I embark of a new and different sort of 'training plan', I'd also welcome any comments you have when reading my posts. It'd be great to hear others experiences too! 






No comments:

Post a Comment