Friday 30 August 2013

A passion for the Blues

For quite a few years now I've had a bit of a strange passion, well it might be strange but I'm a girl in a bit of a boys world. I am mad on Chelsea Football Club! 

I got into watching football quite a few years ago & after going to my first match at the Bridge about 7 years ago, I was completely obsessed! My sister & I share the passion & go to as many matches as we can. We both get out shirts each season & watch all their games on the TV. 

I'm not sure what it is about the football but the atmosphere in the crowd on match days is absolutely what got me hooked. There is nothing else like it, not even a Robbie Williams concert! 


A few years ago I got so interested in the team that I started a twitter account & blog @chelsea4girls which is my place for talking all things Chelsea. Unfortunately due to a lack of time, I've since removed the blog but I still keep up my tweets & giving my views on the performances & any news from the club. And with over 10,000 followers I guess I must be doing something right! 

This season my love for the blues has been further ignited with Jose Mourinho, the most exciting manager the premiership has ever seen coming back to his rightful home. I was fortunate enough to be at the opening game of the season this year for the first time & experience the atmosphere when the 'Special One' walked out of the tunnel to roars of applause. 

A recent blues related highlight for me was receiving a personalised birthday card from Mourinho which my sister had organised, what an honour! 


We have also got my youngest cousin interested in the blues now, when asked her favourite football team, she replies "Chelsea, Chelsea"! Proud cousin alert! We got her a Chelsea t-shirt on our recent trip to Stamford Bridge & news from Auntie Debbie is that she won't let it go in the wash!! Brilliant. Won't be long before we are taking her to her first Chelsea match!  

There will be many more posts to come over the course of the new season especially if they continue to win & are as exciting as their current form. 

KTBFFH (Keep The Blue Flag Flying High) 

No comments:

Post a Comment