Thursday 15 August 2013

Clean Freak!

For those who know me, you'll know I'm a bit of a clean freak, this borders on OCD. I get it from my dad's side of the family apparently, my aunt is a stickler for cleanliness too. 
I have pretty much always been like this. My mum has never had to tell me to clear up my room, in fact when I was little I used to enjoy it too and often would do my sisters clearing up. 

When I moved out a few years ago, no one had any doubt that I'd have trouble keeping my house immaculate. I'm certainly not afraid to get the hoover out at least a few times a week (at least)! In fact cleaning items were first on my list of must haves for the flat. 
I've since moved back home with my parents and I'm pretty sure they are secretly pleased they have me to do the housework at least once a week. They're also quite clean people so the house would never be in a mess even without me I just get very OCD about it. 

My pet hate is going to bed with cups left out or papers on the floor, it doesn't take long to pack everything away. 

I've also got a bit of a name for myself as the clean one amongst family and friends too and I often wonder if people hate inviting me round in case I criticise? I actually don't have a problem with other peoples mess & really am not that critical, although I do sometimes see others homes and just want to help them by getting the duster out! 

With my family party being held at home this weekend, my parents and I have spent the past few weekends making the house look spotless. Those parts of the house that don't normally get a look in, touching up the paintwork on the main doors, cleaning the skirting boards, dusting down the cobwebs from around the outside windows. For me it's been a heap of fun but I'm sure my parents wouldn't agree. 

It'll just to so nice to have all the family see our home looking so good. 

Tomorrow afternoon/evening I'll be making the inside of the house look equally as spotless, moving the furniture around & cleaning behind and around everything. 
Is it really bad that I'm actually looking forward to this? 
I never see cleaning as a chore, if I'm in the mood and have my music to listen too, I'll clean for hours & be very thorough about it too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment