Friday 9 August 2013

Party Planning

With my 30th birthday just days away, I'm in full party planner mode! 

I decided that I'd really like a 'gathering' with family and some close friends. We decided to hold the party at my parents which meant being limited on numbers especially as we have such a big family. So I'm also doing a separate celebration with friends - a 'Geek Chic night', more on that another time! 

All good parties need a theme & we came up with the perfect one 'C' Party. Fancy dress is generally the key to a good, fun party so the idea for this is all guests come as something beginning with the letter C. 

With it being a family party I wasn't too sure everyone would get into the spirit but having had lots of texts & calls over recent weeks, I am really excited to see everyone's costumes. 


To keep in with the C theme, I decided the decorations, invites etc.. would have a Caribbean feel. I got these invites made through Vistaprint - with a week turnaround I was able to send them out with plenty of notice. 



Unfortunately, I had to change the date of the party so for a small cost, I also got some change of date cards made in the same style.  

I brought most of the decorations from eBay as they really are so cheap, especially if you're only going to be using them once it's perfect. 
The garden is going to be turned into a Caribbean party with a Limbo, Giant Jenga & Twister to get everyone involved. A lot of stores where looking for £40+ for each of these but I managed to get great deals on-line. 
We have ordered helium balloons from Sancto in Southend so am excited to get decorating the house. 

There will be plenty of cupcakes & cocktails - keeping with the theme too! 

Being a very organised person, a lot of the fun for me is in the planning and preparation. I have a whole schedule for next week which I'm chomping at the bit to get started on. 

With food & drink yet to buy it's going to be a really busy time but I just can't wait. And seeing all the costumes and having a memorable night with the family & friends will be the highlight! 



Would be great to hear your thoughts on the perfect party?





No comments:

Post a Comment