Friday 30 August 2013

Wedding Fever

This week has been absolutely crazy but in a good, no, a great way! 

On Monday evening my sister EJ called to announce that her boyfriend Ash had just proposed & she'd said yes! There were a lot of tears for all of the family that night & we couldn't be happier for the perfect couple. 



After the excitement of seeing the ring & their beaming faces subsided, we have had full on wedding talk all week! I've no doubt that this will continue for months to come. 

Unlike most girls, me nor my sister have ever dreamt in too much detail of our 'big day'! Some girls I know have scrap books which they created when they were young with photos out of magazines of the perfect wedding - not us! We're both pretty laid back about it yet its amazing how quickly & easily you can get into wedding fever when it comes your way. 
I've been involved in some friends weddings in the past providing advise & support but never to this extent. 

EJ & Ash both have very clear ideas all of a sudden about their perfect day! It's all so exciting & certainly all systems go. 

The most amazing thing for me personally was EJ asking me to be her bridesmaid, we are extremely close so it was always in the back of my mind but there's nothing quite like being asked to be such a big part of someone's big day. And at least I know she'll be kind to me when it comes to the dress or it'll be pay back when my time eventually comes around! 

My sister & I talk on the phone on a daily basis anyway but this week not a spare minute has gone by when we've not been on the phone talking ideas or looking on the Internet at anything wedding related. 

First thing is first, they very sensibly sorted out their budget, I'm still stunned at how much a wedding adds up & I'm sure it will just grow & grow as the months go by. 

I won't spoil any surprises that they have planned by writing it on here as its still early days but I'm sure I'll be posting a lot more over the coming months about developments. 

Any pointers or advise on arranging a wedding would be welcome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment