Thursday 15 August 2013

Work Birthdays

Most people that work in an office will have the tradition of celebrating your birthday with your colleagues. You get the desk all done up with balloons, the collection goes around the office for your present & they all turn up at your desk singing Happy Birthday which is the most embarrassing thing ever (well until next year when it all happens again!), generally you also have to spend a fortune bringing in cakes for those who only put a pound in your collection but it's 'the done thing'! 



I count myself very lucky, as whilst working for my company, I've had some really quite memorable birthday's over the years. My favourite was probably the year when I was the only person with the keys to the office so I had to help my colleagues put my own balloons up, in return they made me a crown & sash to crown me Queen for the day! I had surprises arriving all day long & we actually got a lot of creative work done too. 














With my work birthday tomorrow, I'm looking forward to what lays in store for me, if anything! That could be awkward couldn't it. You turn up expecting balloons and a fun atmosphere & actually don't get anything!! 
I'm sure my colleagues & friends, Gemma & Alex have it all under control. 
One thing I know for sure we are doing is the customary lunchtime drinks which this year will be at our new favourite place, Prezzo! And with one opening up across the road from our office, it'd be rude not too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment